Mugdha Godse: The real ramp life is completely different


Fashion world and Bollywood are closely related. From ages models have been ruling the roost of Bollywood. And now one more name from the modeling arena gets added to the list with Supermodel Mugdha Godse's entry into Bollywood world. A dream debut with one of the most prolific filmmaker of Bollywood Madhur Bhandarkar, Mugdha is all excited about her upcoming release FASHION.

Like many models (aspiring to be actress someday) was Mugdha equally keen on that part. 'Frankly speaking I never planned my career. It was never on my mind to get into modeling or for that matter into films. It just happened to me', she quickly replied. Okay, agreed, but we are keen to know how she became part of such a prestigious project FASHION. The dusky beauty revealed, 'Actually when I was shooting for an ad film for a Jewellery Brand, which was being directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, it was at that time Madhurji asked me to be part of his film FASHION and like any newcomer even I was thrilled to be associated with such a high profile director. And I gave my nod for the film.'

Definitely it's great for any newcomer to get an opportunity to work with multiple National award–winning filmmaker – Madhur Bhandarkar, but can we know what made her sign this project other than the fact it being a Bhandarkar film. Was Bhandarkar the only factor to induce enough to become a part of FASHION? Replies Mugdha in a chirpy tone, 'Obviously Madhurji happens to be the foremost reason. But also the fact that it is closely related to the fashion world made all the more easy for me to be a part of FASHION since I belong to that Industry. I have been in fashion industry for quite sometime and I know the ins and outs of this place. Being a model I could connect with it immediately.'

Former Miss India Mugdha Godse is a successful, well–established supermodel and ramp walker in real life. What about her reel life? Is she equally successful in the film also? 'Unlike my real life I am not so highly successful model in the film. I play a very vibrant, outgoing, bold and outspoken girl called Janet Sequeira, whose life takes a turn when something bad happens to her. My character is very positive which is of helpful nature, good at heart, it is intertwined with that of the other characters in the film and it is an emotional journey for all of them,' explains Mugdha.

Of course, Mugdha is no stranger to fashion world and holds good amount of experience, so was it much of a transition at all, seeing that she's an experienced model herself? 'Obviously its different being in a film there you have to act' Says Mugdha in a confident tone and also drew contrast between walking the ramp in real life and in the film, 'The real ramp life is completely different from the film. Though I hail from modeling world but being in a film is absolutely different scenario. In real life, ramp walk is hardly a 15–minute affair whereas doing the same job in a film is much more tiresome. It took us around 5 days to shoot the same for the film' she further adds, 'In terms of expressions, you generally keep a straight and stiff look on the face on the ramp, but for a film you have to be very expressive and exaggerate.'

Since she is well acquainted with the know–how of the fashion industry, the intricacies and behind the scenes functioning of the industry, did it help her co–stars and the director at any point of time? Rejoins Mugdha, 'I can't say I provided any 'gyaan' out there on fashion but yeah there used to be discussions on the sets which used to help us a lot for our shots. Since I am aware about ramp walking and the kind of body language which models carry so I could help my co–stars on that area. Talking about Madhurji he is very talented and excellent director. He knew much more than I could have contributed. The kind of research they have done for the film I must say it's fantastic.'

Madhur once said that Mugdha is a bundle of talent what do you have to say on this? Says Mugdha 'Well, if Madhurji thinks so that means he must have definitely noted certain good points about me.' That's wonderful to hear and how has been the response overall, 'Oh the response has been terrific. The team of FASHION really appreciated me. Right from day one they have been supporting, guided me well and never let me feel a newcomer. Everyone applauded for my performance. Infact they used to call me '1 take artist', adds the sultry siren.

Normally models are said to be sharing not so cordial relations. They are hit by negative vibes like jealousy, etc. How is Mugdha's relation with Priyanka & Kangana in the film? Do they share cordiality on–screen? Laughs Mugdha, 'Are you asking me to reveal the entire story? You will definitely come to know about the same when you watch the film. At this moment my lips are zipped. Ya, but all I can say is I am friends with both the beauties. Rest you can get it when you watch FASHION.'
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Mugdha Godse: The real ramp life is completely different"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...