Raima Sen: Wooing Women!



view MERE KHWABON MEIN JO AAYE videos







Raima Sen has often been compared to grandma Suchitra Sen. But Raima has not just acquired her looks; she has also acquired tips of gaining a fan following from grandma Sen.

Her next movie MERE KHWABON MEIN JO AAYE focuses on how a woman who's tied down with her daily routine and household chores, dreams of making it big.

Raima says, ''It is a woman-oriented subject, but it would cater to everyone, especially people who are fighting their fears. I can say that because the movie has given me the inspiration to fight my own phobias, which frankly I'm still trying! Also I feel it will gain me a lot of female fan following.'' Female fan following? Shouldn't she be concentrating on the men instead? ''If my grandma is to be believed, men anyways would swoon over you, but if you get appreciations from a woman, it means you've truly proved your competency, as women wouldn't easily appreciate another woman!''


What are the phobias which she's trying to fight? Raima, who sheds all inhibitions when she is in front of the camera, confesses that she is petrified of the camera but only when it comes to giving a screen test. ''I don't know why, but this has been a case with me forever. That's one of the reasons why I don't even try for foreign films... they all follow the process of undergoing a screen test. That has also been the reason for my missing out on some great films. However, fortunately for me, whatever roles I've done so far have been offered to me and have been appreciated by people.'' she says.

Speaking about this phobia of hers, she says, ''Back in school, I was once playing Cinderella on stage and I still remember; when I went on stage, suddenly I couldn't speak and I just went blank. Another girl was called then to say the dialogues back stage while I lip-synced. Maybe that has still remained in my mind somewhere.''

Another critical role for now that she has bagged ''without a screen test'' is Aparna Sen's JAPANESE WIFE where she plays a widow. In a scene she had to interact with the Japanese actress and Raima recalls, ''It was a bit difficult conversing at first as we had to communicate with the help of an interpreter. But slowly, we somehow managed to strike a conversation without the interpreter and it was fun understanding the context in spite of not understanding the language!'' she laughs.

Looks like Raima is doing her best to woo everyone, and language doesn't seem to be a problem for her!

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Raima Sen: Wooing Women!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...