Nadiadwala plans a star-studded premiere for Kambakht Ishq



Filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala, who has collaborated with Hollywood biggies Sylvester Stallone, Brandon Routh and Denise Richards for his forthcoming film "Kambakht Ishq", has invited them for a grand premiere of the film in India later this year. He hopes it will help wipe away the traumatic memories of the Mumbai terror strikes from the tourists' mind.

"It's a do or die thing for me after 26/11. I don't feel like a Bollywood producer at the moment. I'm reacting as an Indian," Nadiadwala told IANS.

Post-26/11, the premiere of the Akshay Kumar-Kareena Kapoor starrer has become a show of strength for Nadiadwala as an Indian more than a producer. Invitations have been sent out to Sylvester Stallone, Brandon Routh and Denise Richards.

"Let's just say I want my Hollywood team to come and erase 26/11 from Mumbai's tourist map. I'm going to leave no stone unturned to make sure Stallone and others go back with only the fondest memories of Mumbai.

"If six months ago I'd have laid out the red carpet for the Hollywood members of the cast, now I'm putting my entire production machinery and powers of hospitality on the block.

"The 'Kambhakt Ishq' premiere is not about our entertainment industry any more. It's about Mumbai and India. I want Hollywood to come to Mumbai and taste our hospitality. Nothing has changed in the country. We're still as warm and welcoming as we used to be," said Nadiadwala.

Over 20 foreigners were killed in the Mumbai terror strikes.

"'Kambhakt Ishq' is not just an exciting business venture after what happened to Mumbai in November. Suddenly all of us have become more sensitised. We need to prove a point to the world and to ourselves... I realise there's a black mark against Mumbai's name on the tourist map after 26/11. We will erase it. And to do that we need to invite the outside world to come to Mumbai and see that Mumbai is safe. I promise you, Stallone won't go back with any apprehensions about our city."
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Nadiadwala plans a star-studded premiere for Kambakht Ishq"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...