I was engaged to Rohan Antao, but we broke up: Freida Pinto

While she is travelling all around the world and meeting famous people, Freida Pinto, heroine of the Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire, feels Mumbai will always be her home.

"I don't have a fixed address as I'm making movies all over the world. I'm filming in Israel at the moment and who knows after that, so I'm not making plans to buy my own place yet, " dailymail quoted Freida as saying.

"Ultimately, Mumbai will always be home. That's where my family is, " she added.

The 24-year-old actress is presently working on a film, "Miral", in Israel and has also been signed by Woody Allen for an untitled film to be shot in London.

Freida, a model and a travel show presenter in India, said when she auditioned for Danny Boyle's "Slumdog...", she didn't know that it would become such a big hit.

"I had no idea 'Slumdog Millionaire' would become such a huge success. In fact, when we were filming, none of us expected it, so the feeling of surprise and shock is still with me."

"The film won eight Oscars and I was nominated for Best Supporting actress at the Baftas, and now, when I look back at photographs in magazines of me at the film awards I can still hardly believe it's me, " she added.

Frieda Pinto who has been romantically linked to her co-star Dev Patel says he is a great guy but stops short of admitting their relationship.

Dev's mother recently confirmed that Pinto-Patel are dating each other but 24-year-old star still calls Dev as her co- star.

"One thing I have found difficult is the lack of privacy. I'm constantly asked if Dev and I are in a relationship, and I don't know what to say, " Pinto said.

"He's a really, really, great guy, and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful co-star. He's adorable, and a good friend. He always will be, " the actress added.

The star was earlier engaged to actor Rohan Antao but broke-up after finding success.

"I was engaged to actor Rohan Antao, but we broke up at the end of last year. Things happen and you have to learn to deal with them, " Pinto said.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I was engaged to Rohan Antao, but we broke up: Freida Pinto"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...