Gettin’ their acts right

In results season, the young denizens of tinsel town prove that they’re a hit in the classroom too.

Zain Khan
(Hari Puttar)
Percentage: 83%
ICSE, Mumbai
Zain Khan: “I was very confident that I would score at least 75 per cent, but didn’t expect 83 per cent.I started studying only three months before the exams, but then I would stay up all night, as I would be busy with other activities during the daytime. I’ll soon be hosting a party for all my friends. It’s a double celebration for me as I fared well in my exams and my new movie Detective Naani has also gotten released.”
Zaki Khan, Zain’s father: I was surprised when I saw his results on the net. He would forever tell me, ‘Daddy, ho jaayega... aap chinta mat karo.’ And he has proved himself. I have always supported him in whatever he chooses to do, be it his decision to join acting or take up motorcycle racing.

Sreeparana Ghosal
(Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?)
Percentage: 87%
Promoted to Class VII
Sreeparana Ghosal: “Education is very important in life. No matter how successful or famous one might be, one has to be educated. While shooting for Paanchvi Paas I had to miss school, but nevertheless I would carry my textbooks to the shoot and study in between shots. The show has also helped me learn many new things. I think there should be more such educational shows on television.”
Debashish Ghosal, Sreeparana’s dad: “My daughter has been very sincere about her studies. We never had to force her to sit down to study. She was in Class V when she was doing the show, but even then she never ignored her studies. We are proud of our daughter. Sreeparana is very close to her elder sister Rituparna, who has given her Class X exams this year. Sreeparana is very excited about her sister’s results.”

Parzan Dastur
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Sikander)
HSC, HR College, Mumbai
Parzan Dastur: “I’m anxiously waiting for my results. I’m confident that I shall score around 80 per cent. After Class XII, I intend to take up management. This year, there wasn’t much pressure, so I could concentrate on my studies. Right now, I’m not doing any movies and am taking it very easy. I’m in no rush to sign anything now, I want to concentrate on my career. My parents have been very supportive throughout. Without them, I wouldn’t have been able to do what I’ve done so far.”

Avika Gor
(Balika Vadhu)
Percentage: 60%
Promoted to Class VII
Sameer Gor, Avika’s father: “We are happy with her performance and hope that she continues to do well. Avika is busy with her shoots and is not presently in Mumbai.”

Tanay Chheda
(Slumdog Millionaire,
Taare Zameen Par)
Percentage: 80%
Promoted to Class VIII
Tanay Chheda: “Even if I’m shooting, I don’t forget my school. On days when I miss my lessons, I stay back after school to catch up. Sometimes, the teachers take special classes. My studies continue to remain unaffected despite my hectic schedule.”
Tejal Chheda, Tanay’s mother: “Tanay never neglects his studies. He is very sincere and studies regularly. Whenever he takes off for a 8-10 day shoot, he always carries his schoolbooks along with him. And he takes out time in between shoots to finish his homework.”

Swini Khara
(Cheeni Kum)
Percentage: 96.8%
Promoted to Class VI
Shilpa Khara, Swini’s mother: “I’m very impressed by the way in which my daughter has managed to strike a balance between school and her career. She is excellent in her studies and for the last five years, she has won the best student award. Whenever she is out on a film shoot, she never forgets to carry her books along. At the moment, she’s holidaying in Switzerland and will be back next month. She has three movies slated for release this year.”
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Gettin’ their acts right"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...