Akki's workout anthem

Chandni Chowk To China may have been a flop at the box office, but its hip-hop title track made rapper Bohemia a superstar overnight. And one of the biggest fans of the desi rapper is none other than Akshay Khiladi Kumar.



Bohemia was born in Punjab and raised in California, where he gets his music influence from. His journey to Bollywood started late last year when the singer got a call from Akshay Kumar's office. "I was surprised because I was a small musician and he is a superstar! When we spoke, he told me he had been listening to my music for two-three years and that he works out to my music. He said he was a big fan and wanted to invite me to India to work on Chandni Chowk to China," Bohemia told us.

However, it was in Toronto that the two met. "I met him at his friend's place in Toronto. His wife Twinkle was also there. It was obvious immediately that he is quite humble even though he is a superstar. He told me he had first heard my music in 2007 -- a song called Kali Dinali from my first album. Since then, he plays that song for his morning workout because it gives him energy. I was really shocked!," the singer added.



And the rest, as they say, is history. "He wanted me to write something about his life and his movie in rap style. It was a big opportunity for me and I started working on it as soon as I got back to California. When I finished my song, he asked me to come down to India," Bohemia explained. Rohan Sippy and Nikhil Advani liked the rapper's work and invited him to Mumbai to work on it right away.

This foreign addition to Bollywood is confident about his future in the industry and has released a new album called Da Rap Star. The video of the first track Ek Tera Pyaar out on television.
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Akki's workout anthem"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...