Sameera goes De Dana Dan with Akki-Katrina


The super-prolific Priyadarshan's next comedy De Dana Dan, a kind of followup though not a sequel to Hera Pheri for producer Ratan Jain (of Venus), just got bigger…and delayed.

The film now features Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Suniel Shetty and, surprisingly Sameera Reddy.

Says the sultry actress, "I've never worked with Priyan before. But I think he liked my comic timing in Race where I played Anil Kapoor's airheaded assistant. That's how I am in De Dana Dan. I've always been a big Priyan fan, by the way."

However Sameera's enthusiasm will have to wait. Priyan's next has now been shifted from November 2008 to January 2009, partly because Priyan is busy with the Darsheel Safary project Bam Bam Bhole.

Sighs the super-successful director, "Bam Bam Bhole is not a small arthouse film. It's a full-on entertainer. And it needs nurturing. Once I release Billo Barbar I need to promote Bam Bam Bhole properly. De Dana Dan with Akshay, Katrina, Sameera Reddy, Suniel Shetty and Neha Dhupia has gone forward by a few months."

This was meant to be the Southern sensation Asin's launch pad.

"Yes, " concedes Priyan. "But only initially. Once the script crystallized it was Katrina all the way."

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Sameera goes De Dana Dan with Akki-Katrina"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...