I got six pack to play stripper for Riya song: Vatsal Sheth

The 'Tarzan' boy has suddenly become a 'Hero'. What say?
(laughs) I was always one. Something really interesting came up and I am very happy to be a part of Heroes.

You haven't acted in many films, and all of a sudden Heroes comes your way to be the only big film in your career so far. Is it a blessing?
I am very excited to be a part of such a huge film. It's like a blessing, you're right. I am quite fortunate to share the same screen space with all the biggies. I can't wait for Heroes to release right now.

So you've joined the bandwagon too huh? Six pack is back.
(laughs) I am not a guy who is just going to bulk it up. It's just that in the film, there is one particular song where I and Sohail are shown as strippers. So, for that sequence I had to go topless or should I say shirtless (laughs).

I needed to work out for that song and I am very sorry to say but I don't have a six pack as of yet. I've got a very achievable and a real body. It's not a body who somebody will look and say - Oh wow!

Samir Karnik told me that you got to be real. Whatever you do, people should identify with your character. So my body can be compared to any one else's. Plus, to look like Sohail Khan's buddy, you need to put on a bit of weight. He has a certain screen age which I don't.

So, I had to age up and grow my hair too. Not just that, also a stubble to match up with a man like Sohail. I was very happy when I saw the final look of mine onscreen.

Will Heroes turn you into a Nawab Saab? That's your name in the film right?
You got it. I hope so (laughs). A lot of effort has been put in to make me look like one, but it may turn me into a Nawab Saab, can't say for sure.

You and Sohail Khan are the main protagonists of Heroes. How's the road trip been?
The way you put it isn't right. Honestly speaking, this is a film which is character oriented. There is no protagonist; no main lead, etc. All the actors in the posters are characters.

I play Nawab Saab, Sohail plays Sameer aka Saand because of his bulky body, Salman bhai is Balkar Singh, etc. When you watch the film you will notice that there is no protagonist.

So how was it to be sharing screen space with all the biggies?
Initially, I was very nervous. The first person I met was Sohail Khan. But the first day I met him, he treated me like his younger brother.

He helped me throughout Heroes. He is my real life hero and the best co-star to have. Apart from that, I've worked with Preity Zinta in the 'Cadbury Perk' commercial five to six years back. She is a sweetheart. It was great fun talking to her.

She is always full of beans and always charged up. We were shooting at 3 am and the only voice one could hear was of Preity Zinta who was talking, talking and talking!

You missed out Salman Khan...
(laughs) No I haven't and I can't. I've seen Salman bhai since his Maine Pyar Kiya days. I used to always ape him when I was in school. So I was over the moon to be working with him in this film. He is the perfect buddy one can have.

He invited me over to his gym and we used to work out together. He also gave me some good tips. Then comes Mithundada. We've seen all his great films such as Disco Dancer and Agneepath and he is like a father figure.

I'm sure you can recall some memorable incident with Mithunda.
Yes I do. This happened in Ladakh. Let me tell you that I am a very fussy vegetarian and that I love lady fingers and potatoes. That's why I had a very tough time getting my food right.

Mithundada, somehow, got to know about my fussy habit. He then cooked the best ever 'bhindi ki sabzee' for me yaar! It's the most amazing meal I've ever had. For 15-20 days prior to that, I didn't have a proper meal and on that day, I didn't regret missing those hungry days.

Also, one day we were cracking jokes and Mithuda was laughing so much that we had to call the doctor. But it wasn't serious. He said, "Maine aaj tak kabhi socha nahin tha ki tum saale log mujhe haste haste ludka doge".

We will have to talk about Samir Karnik here. Has he grown 'bade' after 'Nanhe'?
This is a very creative medium and everybody grows from their work experience. That's what I feel. I read Amitji's interview and he too said that everytime he does a film, he learns something new from that.

Samir was so clear in his characters that when he was narrating me the script, I was actually seeing the film. He was clear as to what kind of clothes I will be wearing in Heroes, but it's not that he was not open for suggestions. It was great fun to work with him again.

Heroes is going to be pitted against yet another multi-starrer Golmaal Returns…two totally different genre films but both with A-list actors. Will it be a mad rush at the ticket window?
Even if ten good films were to release in together, every film is going to do well. I think it's all about honesty. The more honest you are to your film, the better it'll work.

Heroes is a different topic altogether with a very sweet message along with some entertainment value. On the other hand, you've got 6-7 big stars. What else do you need to have for mad rush at the box office?

You forgot another USP of Heroes.
What?

Riya Sen…
(laughs) Yes, she plays my love interest. I've never worked with her before and I am also doing another film with her post Heroes. It's nice to work with people who don't have too much of ego. It gives a very positive vibe when you're working with such people. Riya is one of them.

Before you go, we need to know which Salman Khan incident shocked you?
This is an incident which not many people know about. The image of Salman bhai in media is that of a bad boy but he is not like that at all. He plays Balkar Singh, a Sikh, in the film.

We were shooting in Chandigarh. He didn't want to put a fake beard and had especially grown one for the role. The pagdi which he was wearing was not like a ready made one. He also tied it out which used to take at least twenty minutes.

So I remember the two of us sitting in the van and the assistant director comes in and informs us that there had been a change in location. So Salman bhai said, "Oh God, I can't even smoke now".

I asked him, "What happened Salman Bhai, why can't you smoke?" He then replied, "Who is going to take out the pagdi and smoke and then again wear the pagdi?" This goes to show that he respected the turban so much.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I got six pack to play stripper for Riya song: Vatsal Sheth"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...