It takes a lot to stand in front of Kangana and Priyanka: Mugdha Godse


Wow, what a discovery. You think Madhur has found a diamond.
(Laughs) Madhur Sir has definitely found a diamond. Yeah, I am really glad that I'm a part of Fashion in a huge way.

But I guess, I have to give credit to myself also because it does take a lot to stand in front of Kangana and Priyanka. Therefore, I just hope that I manage to do that. So far so good.

It must've been a lot easier to act as a model in your debut film as you are a model by profession too?
It does sound good and easy from your end and you do get a psychological support but it's not a piece of cake. My character is nothing close to what I am in my real life. Not the kind of a person or a model.

So it's a completely different journey I'm going through in the film. So for me it was different. Acting and modeling are two different genres all together. In Fashion I'm not the kind of a ramp model that I'm off screen.

So what is Mugdha Godse in real life?
Mugdha Godse is a very simple girl. She is a bit shy also and not at all classy and I'm being frank here. I'm very bohemian and hippy by nature. Mugdha is a middle class girl, which Janet is not in the film. I am chilled out too.

Tell us a bit more about Janet, the role you play in the film.
Janet has a heart of a gold and she is not a highly successful model. It's a journey of a character and how she helps other people.

Few incidents happen in her life and she has to take some important decisions that leads to a few things. Fashion is an emotional journey for Janet. She is bold, outgoing and an outspoken girl.

Her language is completely different and she has been in the Fashion world for quite long to know what happens in front and behind the scenes.

Being a real life model, did you give a tip to your senior co-actor Kangana on ramp walking and what actually happens in the world of Fashion?
Not as such because she is a really good actress. She did not need any tips but she did ask me a few times, as to what we did after the Fashion show got over. We used to have a little discussion but I never gave tips to Kangana. I mean, Priyanka is senior to me in modeling. So I guess she should be the right person to give tips.

Madhur is known for his realistic take on his films. Are there any controversial scenes in the film?
I don't want to become the culprit by answering that question. You should probably ask this to Madhur Sir. Yeah, but if you can wait for two more weeks, you'll find your answer.

Any female models who've inspired you a lot in your modeling career?
I am a very big fan of model Jessi Randhawa who also happens to be my close friend.

I've seen her ever since I entered the Fashion world. I admire Nina Manuel she has fantastic skin. There are very few models in India who've got their own personalities and manage to carry them off well. I forgot another name here, Carol Gracias.

They all are my friends but I used to look up to them when I started off in my modeling career as they've all been here for almost a decade and I'm only five years old.

Are your friends doing a cameo in Fashion?
Jessi Randhawa has done one ramp show in Fashion and then Aanchal Kumar who is a good friend has also done a couple of ramp shows in the film.

Let's talk about the opposite sex here. Any male models you've looked up to?
(Laughs) I think my last favourite male models were Arjun Rampal and Milind Soman. I have a lot of male model friends but none are hotter than the two I just mentioned to you. Kuch maza nahin aaya baaki sab mein (laughs).

'In the Fashion world, you have to give up much more than just your morals'. That's the tag line of the film. Can you elaborate a bit more?
Everyone thinks that the film is going to show all the casting couch stories, wardrobe malfunctions, etc. This is what you feel when you hear or see the tag line of the film. But it's all about the emotional journey.

When you talk about morals, you talk about how you suppress your emotions and anger. I believe in creating my own moral rather than having it.

After the film, do we call you a better model or a better actress?
I think a better actress, after you see the film. I can now call myself a veteran in modeling because I've spent half a decade. Acting is something new I've tried and it's worked wonders for me, thanks to Madhur Sir.

And quit modeling?
I wouldn't say quit. 'Quit' is not the right word. Frankly speaking, modeling will always be there as that's given me the name what I am today in the entertainment world.

Yes, I won't be able to give that much time as I used to give before for modeling. But today you see film personalities walking the ramp and doing ad-campaigns, etc. So anything is possible.

Any other offers you've got besides Fashion?
There are a few offers, which I've got. I have signed a deal with Percept Picture Company for their next film. I'm reading scripts everyday and if something clicks, then I'll definitely do it.

What is Madhur Bhandarkar's way of working?
Madhur Sir can make any man or a woman act. He made me realize that I can act. When I met him first, I told him, "I can't act because I've never really acted in my life."

He confidently said, "Don't worry. Leave it up to me and just listen to me." He opened the right pores and put the right colors in my bottle and I discovered myself as a good actress. I am very thankful to him and I hope that Fashion does as well as Madhur Sir's previous award winning films.

How much of a physical change did you have to bring about in your role?
Because I've been a model, I was in a proper shape. I didn't have to work on my body but just maintain it. But in the future, if any role demands me to put weight, I'll do that and that's how an actor should be.

Are you afraid of the screen space you'll get in Fashion after it's release? I mean, you're a debutant and the film rests heavily on Priyanka's shoulders.
Once you see the film, you'll come to know that. If I can create an impact with one close up in a one-minute promo, I'm sure a few scenes in the film will only make it better. There are going to be hundreds of eyes in the cinema hall. So if you're good, you'll get recognized.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "It takes a lot to stand in front of Kangana and Priyanka: Mugdha Godse"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...