I was shocked to hear that I had to dress up as a girl: Shreyas Talpade

Moving over from serious films to comedy ones, Shreyas Talpade has won the hearts of the masses. Shreyas seems to be on cloud nine these days after being appreciated for bringing alive the character, Mahadev Kushvaha, in his recent film 'Welcome to Sajjanpur'. Let's see how well he fits into Sharman Joshi's role in his upcoming and well-awaited film, 'Golmaal Returns.'

Q – You were new among the four actors in 'Golmaal Returns' so was there any kind of nervousness?
A – At first, I was quite nervous but Ajay, Tushar and Arshad along with the director, Rohit Shetty readied me so well that I didn't feel new at all. I think this is necessary for the betterment of the film.

Q – In the earlier 'Golmaal, ' Sharman could understand what Tushar says very easily. How difficult was it for you this time?
A – Actually, the story's completely new this time. This film is not linked to the previous one in any way. Apart from the names of the characters, everything else is new. The best part about this film is that no one can understand what Tushar says and that creates comedy. But what's funny is that the audience will understand what Tushar says quite easily…

Q – You're being appreciated for the getup of a girl in the film. Would you like to say something about it?
A – It feels great to be appreciated and praised for it. We've all worked really hard for this. But all the credit goes to my makeup department for transforming a guy like me into someone so beautiful. To be honest, I had never even imagined it.

Q – What was your reaction when you were told about your getup?
A – When Rohit told me about this at first, I was shocked but when he said that everyone else is ready for this, I thought, well, let's try this. And what had to happen, happened. All of us enjoyed a lot. All four of us couldn't stop laughing when we saw each other for the first time in our new look.

Then, all the girls over there too started to laugh after seeing us. We had to shoot as girls for three days and mind you, those three days were the most enjoyable ones.

Q – After Nagesh Kukunoor, Rohit Shetty happens to be one amongst the young directors. How is the experience of working with young directors?
A – Both of them have a new outlook towards things. They are also very focused on their work. They know what they're supposed to bring out of their actors and place before the public. As for Rohit, he's a very open-minded person. Working with such directors can be fun in its own way. Because of his kindness, I call Rohit a 'gentle giant.'

Q – How different is this film from your earlier comedy films?
A – I haven't done any special comedy in my previous films. This is the first time I get to do full-fledged comedy. In spite of 'Apna Sapna Money Money' being a comedy film, my character was in no way comic.

'Welcome to Sajjanpur' was a different type of comedy. People liked the comedy in 'Om Shanti Om.' So I just hope that I get a surprise in the form of 'Golmaal Returns' this Diwali just like I got one last Diwali in the form of 'Om Shanti Om.'

Q- How much have you enjoyed this comedy personally?
A – A lot. We had a lot of fun on the sets after shooting everyday and the atmosphere was no different from that of a party. I'm sure you'll be able to see that in the film.

Q – Normally, actors play pranks on the director but here the director, Rohit Shetty used to play pranks on the actors. Were you ever a victim of his mischief?
A – I was never a victim and that helped me become a part of the team very easily. Rohit's pranks would bring about freshness on the sets. The best part about his pranks was that he never hurt anyone physically or mentally.

Q – It is being said that you are not Nagesh Kukunoor's favorite anymore because you are not a part of any of his upcoming films. Is this true?
A – (laughs) This is absolutely untrue. Just like I want to work with different directors similarly, he too wants to work with different actors. If a character suits me, Nagesh will definitely choose me for the role.

Every story has its own demand. If I wasn't his favorite, he wouldn't have done three films at a stretch with me. These days, he's doing films that require macho men which is why he chose John and Akshay Kumar.

Q – So will we see you in his next film?
A – Right now he's busy with three films so I can't really answer this. All I can say is that I'm very happy for Nagesh because he's been able to make the kind of films he wanted to for a long time.

Q – Tell us about your coming films?
A – Next is Sangeet Sivan's horror film, 'Click.' I play the role of a fashion photographer here. Mukta Arts', 'Paying Guest, ' a comedy film, comes next. Then is UTV's 'Aage se Right.' There are a few more films in the pipeline about which I can't say too much right now.

Q – Apart from these, what about 'Hum Yahan Hain, ' 'Ishaan' and 'Main Phir Aaunga'?
A – These films aren't being made anymore

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I was shocked to hear that I had to dress up as a girl: Shreyas Talpade"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...