Shilpa Shetty goes to London to take a quiet break

IPL was stressful for the team owners. First, Priety Zinta took off by herself to LA; it is now learnt that Shilpa Shetty is unwinding in London with beau Raj Kundra. The actress will return to India after celebrating her birthday (June 8).

Says the actress, "I am doing what most women love doing in London shopping! It's something I hardly had time for when I was in South Africa for the IPL, as we were busy travelling. The weather is fantastic here. Raj and I have been going out a lot."

The actress isn't sulking or depressed with her team Rajasthan Royals' disappointing loss and subsequent non-entry into the semi-finals, "I am a very positive person and don't take these things to heart. It's upsetting to lose as a franchise but I can say without bias that RR played some of the most thrilling games with miraculous wins, upsetting losses and some fantastic scores we got the highest and lowest scores. It was our duty to give unconditional support to our team. We did that."

Shilpa's sudden backing out of performing at the IPL finals raised eyebrows. Shilpa says, "I think it became a big deal because Lalit (Modi) made an announcement that I would be performing on stage, so people expected me to. I had told them that if I would do the act if I found time to rehearse it properly.

I would be performing in front of millions and I can't do just anything on stage. It would be a thakela act, so I opted out. I'd rather not perform than do mediocre stuff." Are you listening, Katrina???

The actress says she's tired of travelling, "I am taking a week's holiday in London till my birthday as I have been travelling for more one and a half months now."

The best birthday gift? "I think that would be to be let alone doing my own thing without constantly being under public scrutiny ,and that's what Raj and I are doing right now in London."
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Shilpa Shetty goes to London to take a quiet break"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...