Dev Patel desperate to remain a 'normal kid'

"Slumdog Millionaire" teenage star Dev Patel is so desperate to remain a "normal kid" that he still uses public transport in his native London.

The 17-year-old is re-adjusting to superstardom after his big screen debut in the multi-Oscar winning movie catapulted him into the spotlight and Patel refuses to let fame go to his head, and still uses London's underground tube trains to remain as grounded as possible, reports contactmusic.com.

"I've been meeting all these people I've watched for years on TV, and they actually know who I am. The other day I jumped on the tube, and all the faces in the carriage turned my way. I can't get used to that, man. I'm still pretty much a normal kid," he said.

He's also been following the advice "Slumdog" director Danny Boyle gave him after the success of the underdog drama.

"Danny said to take each day at a time, not to let it overwhelm me, and just be myself," he said.
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Dev Patel desperate to remain a 'normal kid'"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...