What Manish Malhotra did in Dubai…

Designer models his IPL-inspired clothes and goes shopping with Tusshar Kapoor

Manish Malhotra presented an IPL-inspired collection as a part of Studio 8’s show on Day 2 of the Dubai Fashion Week (DFW) on April 7.

The Bollywood designer tells masala.com about this sporty collection and his shopping spree in Dubai.

What made you come up with an IPL-inspired collection?

I was designing for Shah Rukh Khan’s Kolkata Knight Riders and that’s when the idea of marrying formal with sporty wear struck me.

A kalidar kurta with a hoodie in gold and black looks stunning. For the men a formal jacket with check pants looks great.

Shah Rukh walked the ramp in this collection at the recent Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai. I made a blazer for him and teamed it with a shalwar. The gold and black sling that he wore was in theme with the IPL collection.

You walked the ramp for your own collection at DFW. Why did you do that?

I have walked the ramp a number of times before for other designers but this is the first time I walked in my own collection. Sarah Belhasa of Studio 8 felt it will be nice if I modelled my own collection in this show so I went ahead and did it.

What did you wear?

I wore track pants with keds and a V-neck T with the Knight Riders helmet logo on it.

Heard you went shopping with your show-stopper Tusshar Kapoor in Dubai…

Yes, I picked up a few nice things for him. I picked up a pair of really nice jeans for myself. I am overwhelmed to see that I am fitting into a 30 waist size again.

Lastly, what films are you working on at the moment?

I am working for 12 films including “My Name is Khan”, “Robot” and “Main Aur Mrs Khanna”.

I have to wake up really early to make use of the entire day if I have to juggle so many fashion weeks and films. But I love pushing myself all the time.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "What Manish Malhotra did in Dubai…"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...