Bipasha will dub at any cost!

Bipasha Basu’s first Bengali film Shob Charitro Kalponik where she plays the most ambitious and challenging role of her life, is almost ready.

But Bipasha isn’t looking forward to its release. Reason? The producers are not allowing her to dub her own lines in the film. And Bipasha who thinks this to be the most precious and challenging role of her career is at her wit’s end.

“When I first came to know I wouldn’t be dubbing my own voice I was furious. I’ve gone through this process of having my voice dubbed by someone else. No way will I allow this to happen to my first Bengali film. In fact one of the reasons why I waited so long to do a Bengali film was because I wanted to be sure I could carry off the lines.”

After much furious insistence the producers relented partially. Says Bipasha, “Now they want me to dub only for the print that would be submitted for the National Awards (films with the actors’ lines dubbed from the outside are not eligible). But I’m very clear on this issue. I’ll not let the film be released with someone else’s voice. I know what that does to a performance. And I won’t dub only for the National Award print. I won’t dub for only one print. I want every print to have my voice.”

Bipasha finds the whole insistence on a dubbing artiste when she’s both willing and capable highly absurd. “When my first Bengali film releases I want people to hear my voice.I don’t want some alien voice to speak for me. I don’t care if I get awards or not. Why should I dub only for the National award? But I want my voice to be heard by audiences who know me well enough by now not to be conned by another voice.”

Bipasha has heard the voice used to dub for her character in Sob Charitro Kalponik. “It’s terrible! When I signed the film it was made clear that it’ll be shot in Kolkata but dubbed in Mumbai. Rituparno is supposed to come and supervise my dubbing in Mumbai.”

Bipasha exonerates Ritu of all blame. “It’s not him. It’s the production guys. I’ve his email that he has sent to the producers. They’ve behaved very strangely. I’ve emailed to the producers and to my director Ritu saying I’m not going to dub only for the National award print. I’ll dub for the entire film, or not at all.I’ve been waiting to dub since February. I’m even willing to dub with Ritu’s assistant if he’s busy. But the producers are coming up with one excuse after another. I’ve poured my heart out into this film. They’re looking for excuses for me not to dub.”

Says Rituparno from Varanasi where he’s shooting, “If the artiste is willing and capable there’s no reason why she shouldn’t be allowed to dub her own lines.”

Mahesh Ramanathan, COO, Reliance Capital has another story to tell. “This is a very sensitive subject. And Rituparno Ghosh would be the best person to answer why Bipasha hasn’t dubbed her own lines. On our part, why would we (Reliance) not want Bipasha to dub? Her voice would only enhance the film’s equity.”
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Bipasha will dub at any cost!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...