Scoop: Rahman comes THIS close to death in LA

While all the hoopla and euphoria surrounding A R Rahman’s double Oscar has been talked about no one knows he had a close shave with death during the rehearsals for his stage performance for the Oscars.

The shocking shave with death came to light after Rahman’s return to India on Thursday when he blurted out the truth innocently.

The accident could’ve proved catastrophic and would’ve meant almost sure-death for Rahman.

Recalling the nerve-wracking experience Rahman says, “I really don’t know what happened. Two days before the Oscars we were rehearsing at one of the theatres for the Oscars, the Jay Leno Show and the Oprah Winfrey Show when a massive chandelier, covering portion of the ceiling crashed to the spot just a split -second after I moved away.”

This isn’t just a routine drama-in-real-life occurrence.

Divulges Rahman, “ If I hadn’t moved way I’d have become history after making history in no time at all.The chandelier crashed exactly at the spot I was standing in just seconds before. It left me shaken but not terrified. I guess it was God’s warning not to take any of the good things that are happening to me too seriously.”

Sighing in relief Rahman says, “I think the love and prayers of all those who love me saved me. As I walked from the left side of the stage to the right I could feel a heavy drop from the air, like water rushing down from a height of 30 to 40 feet. So with the good came the rude reminder of how quickly it can all be snatched away.”

Says Rahman, “When I did Oprah Winfrey’s show for the Oscars she asked me what Jai ho meant. I said it meant, ‘May the victory be yours.’ She wished the same back for me and I could see she meant it. It’s the best wishes from the world over that saved my life that day.”

Rahman says he wasn’t the least scared being so close to death. “What has to happen will happen. I believe one is constantly walking hand-in-hand with death. Death is like a constant companion. But let’s not go into dark spaces right now.”

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Scoop: Rahman comes THIS close to death in LA"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...