I'm not comfortable dancing at New Year's events


Will I dance this New Year's eve? Bollywood actresses answer...

Priyanka Chopra: "It's a matter of personal choice. I'm not comfortable dancing at the New Year's event. But then I don't want to be judgmental about those who do. I've always tried to be different in my choices.

This year I've said no. But if some other year I'm presented with an interesting option and a concept then why not? I did perform at the Nelly Furtado New Year's even concert two years ago.

Celina Jaitley: "Yes I'll go on stage on New Year's Eve in London at the City Pavilion.

The tickets, apparently are priced at a whopping 125 pounds per head. Is it proper to head to London for New Year's eve revelry when Mumbai is morning and most actresses have canceled their stage gig?

It's not the actresses who have canceled their performances. It's the luxury hotels in Mumbai which have done away with New Years eve shows. As for me I won't be performing in London. I'll just be making an appearance.

Although it'll be known as the Celina Jaitly night where Javed Ali (who has sung for A R Rahman in Jodha-Akbar and Yuvraaj) and Rishi Rich will perform. I'll just just go on stage."

"I wouldn't perform at the New Year's eve bash unless I'm sure about the hotel and the security. Having taken care of that, as long as it's a respectable event properly publicized and with a fat paycheck, I'd be tempted.

Malaika Arora: "I'll be performing for New Years eve in Singapore. Performing at a tacky event is a definite no-no. I can tell tacky from classy.

The show organizers who look after their artistes well are Cineyug, Wizcraft, G.S. Entertainment (Bunty Walia) and Sohail Khan.

I know for a fact that these guys would never be involved with anything tacky. This year I'm performing for Wizcraft. I know they'll look after every detail including the artiste's security.

If I'm uncomfortable with the milieu then the answer is no. I've performed at the Marriott and it was a wonderful experience and a lucrative deal.

Koena Mitra: "I'd be lying if I said that security at a New Year's eve performance is not a concern for me, after what happened to me last year (Koena was stalked and manhandled). Now as a rule I double check the security.

Having said that, like any artiste I love performing in front of a live audience. What better way to bring in the New Year?

Dia Mirza: "I've been getting offers to perform on New Years eve for years. But I've never been tempted. Honestly the remuneration offered for such performances can weaken your resolve. But I've stuck to my ground.

So the answer to the offer of dancing at these year-end affairs remains a firm no. Performing on the 31st of December is a personal choice. I'd prefer to bring in the new year with family and friends.

Sophie Chowdhary: "I hope to perform in Delhi this New Years eve.

Although the general mood is gloomy I truly feel that we should not allow fear to overpower us. Recession and then 26/11...we need to regain our strength and power. Of course we must not forget the lessons of 26/11.

At the same time we mustn't be afraid to live our normal lives. We need to begin 2009 on a happy and positive note."

Shilpa Shetty: "I'm not against dancing in a hotel for New Years. After all, what's the difference between dancing in an awards night or at a New Years' event? Please! I've danced on 31 December in the past. But this time, no thank you. I've got five different offers to dance this New Years. And at unheard-of prices.

The fee was tempting. But sorry I wasn't tempted. This year I'm going on a family holiday to Spain for the New Year. I'd any day sacrifice any kind of money for the family. …

Today being in a serious relationship and contemplating marriage I'm in a different mind space. I'd perhaps not be that enthusiastic about dancing at dos. But again, this is not a moral issue.

Please! I repeat, there's no difference between dancing at a mundan or a new year's eve function.

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I'm not comfortable dancing at New Year's events"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...