Aamir is Aamir, SRK is SRK: Aamir Khan

Ghajini is the most anticipated release of the year. And like everyone else, Aamir Khan is super-excited about it. He talks about the hairstyle he made famous, clears a few controversies and hopes Ghajini will be his Christmas present to movie buffs.

Are you counting the days to the release of Ghajini?

Yeah. Now that it has been completed I’m just waiting for its release. I’m thrilled that people all over India are excited about the film. It has a Tamil version too and all over audiences are eagerly awaiting its release. The cast and crew have worked very hard for this movie. My director Ossim, without knowing Hindi, had to adjust.

Your film got U/A rating. How do you feel about it?

It’s great that the censor board, having seen it, has given it this rating. Now I’m keeping my fingers crossed. The censor board has liked it, we now have to wait for the audiences’ reaction.

Tell us about the scenes that have been deleted because of the censor board.
There were only about two to three shots that were deleted. Unless you watch the movie it is worthless to say which scenes these were. Also, I really can’t disclose this type of information.

Do you really think that you can promote Ghajini through a hairstyle?

See, the idea was from the film’s publicity department. They thought it was good and it is the first time a film has been promoted this way so I am happy with the concept. The film has a lot of offer. I assure you that everyone who watches it will get something out of the experience. So I can’t say that it will become a hit or not only through the way it is being promoted.

Issues about the phone number tattooed on you in the film’s poster were in the news. It all came back to you. Tell us about it.
It was our mistake and I am sorry for what happened. I was upset about it but we did not do it intentionally.

Have you watched Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi?
No, but if I get time I will definitely watch the film.

You are apparently promoting your film in theatres that are showing Shahrukh Khan’s movie. Is it tough always competing with Khan?
My film has only two weeks to it’s release. Shahrukh is Shahrukh and Aamir is Aamir. No one should compare us to each other. We both have different styles when it comes to our work and we are both well settled in our careers. So I don’t know why the media is constantly comparing us. The promotion of my film has nothing to do with this so called Khan war.

Do you think you have worked harder than Surya (who starred in the original Ghajini) for this film?
I saw the film in its Tamil version and I liked Surya’s character. That’s why I asked Murgadoss to make a Hindi version. I was inspired by him. So I can’t say that I have worked harder than him.

This film is quite different from your recent movies. The storyline is not situational or message based.

Ya, but the film is good! When I saw the Tamil version I liked the movie so much that I called the director. It’s true, it isn’t situational or message based but again it’s a different kind of role- something I have never done before. You get to see the action hero in me this time; the one who fights gundas and all! And also, a lover boy! That’s a role I’m playing after a while. I need variation in my characters and want to do different roles with each film.
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Aamir is Aamir, SRK is SRK: Aamir Khan"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...