Adnan's Indian citizenship depends on Yash ji


If you've heard Sukhvinder Singh singing Haule haule for Shah Rukh Khan you would immediately spot its similarity to Adnan Sami's Kabhi nahin number from a private album.

But Adnan won't talk about the apparent similarities. And for a very special reason.

It now appears that Yash Chopra is a primary architect in building the London-born Pakistani singer's home in Mumbai.

Speaking reluctantly on the sensitive issue Adnan says diplomatically, "I love Yashji very much. He's very special to me, and not just as a filmmaker. But also because he is one of the persons who has endorsed my application for my citizenship in India. I won't say anything beyond that."

The application for Adnan's Indian citizenship is under consideration. "I'm as Indian as anyone. I've been here for ten years. Mumbai is my home. The procedure to acquire an official citizenship is still on. And I don't want to jump the line. Or jeopardize it in any way."

Adnan is all set to finally turn an actor. "I know there was a lot of talk on me doing Bela Sehgal's film.

The point is she came up with an idea to do a film like Eddie Murphy's The Nutty Professor where a fat man looks for love. When she approached me I was physically equipped for it. But now I'm a 140 kilos down.

It's a brilliant script. But no more right for me unless you get me special effects from Hollywood to make me look fat."

Adnan is sure about one thing. "I want to play something that the public hasn't seen me do yet. I won't play a musician or a singer. I can do that in my music videos.

It's so clichéd for me to play a musician when I turn actor. We've musicians turned actors like Frank Sinatra,

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Adnan's Indian citizenship depends on Yash ji"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...