My husband is with me. What else I could have asked for: Aishwarya Rai

One of the world's most beautiful ladies has had all kinds of birthdays over the years. All good ones, some exceptionally memorable.

But the one tomorrow as she brings in her birthday, takes the birthday cake.

Aishwarya is lost somewhere in the thick jungles on the outskirts of Kochi shooting for Mani Ratnam's new film. So no parents and no adopted parents (the Bachchans) this birthday.

But wait. She is with her husband Abhishek Bachchan.

"And so here I am on my birthday with the love of her life, " Aishwarya laughed with girlish pleasure hours before her birthday. "In a way I couldn't have asked for more. It's a beautiful green paradise here. We started shooting just a day ago. And we already feel those vibes of an extraordinary happening. And my husband is with me.

So is my most favourite who directed us in in one of our best films together (Guru) and who incidentally also happens to be my first director. And we're working on the most beautiful film that we could ever hope for. What better birthday could I as for?"

Any regrets about not being with the family for her special day?

"It was just not possible. Mani Sir has been absolutely patient, waiting for me and Abhishek while we attended to Pa (Amitabh Bachchan). We started shooting yesterday only.

Any further delay would be totally unacceptable to both me and Abhishek. Both of us have been brought up to believe that work is worship….but when it comes to a family crisis, nothing else matters."

Falling silent for a few seconds as Abhishek walks in toask his wife if she's doing an interview before moving out, the epitome of gentle grace, Aishwarya suddenly giggles pleasurably. "But you know what? I've heard some whispers around here that we're getting Sunday off…a day after my birthday. But not a problem. We'll all celebrate properly a day later. No issues."

The past few months have been exctremely trying for Aishwarya. First her father's illness then her father-in-law's sudden hospitalization. But she continued to fulfil all her professional obligations.

She sighs, "You know the best thing is, through all these trying times all my professional associates and colleagues have been a source of strength and courage. There was never this feeling of, 'You better do it'. It was always a sense of, 'Are you sure you can do it?'.

I've derived great strength and sustenance from family friends and colleagues. And I want to take this opportunity to thank them from the bottom of my heart. Their love and prayers have kept me going through the last few months"

So what's the one gift that she wants this birthday?

"Ha, " laughs lovely diva, "You know me. I don't ask for anything. I already have everything that I could possibly want without asking for. And like I said I'm with the love of my life in the wilderness.

Sadly no one will be able to get through to me where I'm shooting. But all the sms, prayers and love will be with me when I return to civilization in the evening tomorrow. Yeah I miss my family on my birthday. But then I can't have it all, can I?"

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "My husband is with me. What else I could have asked for: Aishwarya Rai"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...