Minissha is not a bikini girl in real liffe


Minissha likes to be 17. She played a 17 year old girl in her recent success Bachna Ae Haseeno and even in her forthcoming film Kidnap, she is enjoying enacting the role of a girl of the same age.

"However, apart from the age factor, there is absolutely nothing else common between the two characters that I portray on screen for the two films", says Minissha who has consistently impressed critics and audience alike with her performances in Yahaan, Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd, Dus Kahaniyaan, Shaurya and very recently Bachna Ae Haseeno, "Sonia of Kidnap is so very different from Mahi of Bachna Ae Haseeno even though both are in their growing up years."

Revealing more about the contrasting parts that she has played in the two films, Minissha says, "In Bachna..., I was this sweet girl with moony eyes who is looking for togetherness in life from the first guy she falls in love with ever.

She is unable to ever forget her first love. On the other hand in Kidnap, my character is that of a hip girl who parties hard, is quite sassy and overall energetic. She never lets a dull moment around her."

Since she is in her early 20s, where does she see herself in real life? Is she the 'bindaas' Sonia from Kidnap who doesn't mind getting into a bikini once on beach?

Laughs Minissha, "In real life I am somewhere between Mahi and Sonia.

I am not that dreamy and demure or overtly outrageous. I am rather pragmatic in real life and know what is possible in real world and what's not. I am actually quite grounded to reality and that's the way I like things to be."

How easy or difficult then it is to portray something on screen which is not your real self?

"Of what I have learnt in 3 years of my professional career here in Bollywood, I understand that the whole point is about how you are perceived in the industry. I am liking the way I am experimenting with my roles and appearances", says Minissha.

Talking about her future plans, Minissha says on a parting note, "There is stuff in the pipeline for sure but at the moment, all my energy and focus is on Kidnap."
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Minissha is not a bikini girl in real liffe"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...