Shah Rukh totally ready for a comeback

King Khan spent birthday with family and friends

Shah Rukh Khan, who turned 44 on Nov 2, spent some "quiet time with family and friends" on his birthday, putting behind a year of ups and downs and looking forward to a strong comeback.

With only one of his films - "Billu" - hitting the screens in 2009, the actor has promised his fans more action in the coming two years.

"I am a workaholic, but in the last year I couldn't do much due to my shoulder problem. My team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) didn't do too well and I shot for just one film 'My Name Is Khan'. My injury also pulled me down in terms of my endorsements, but I had time to introspect and spend a quieter time at home with my children," Shah Rukh told reporters at a press conference in Mumbai on Nov 2 (pictured left).

"I feel more energetic and happy now and totally ready for a comeback with many projects in the next two years after this one-year break," he added.

On his birthday, Shah Rukh has chosen to spend "quiet time with his family and friends" instead of partying hard, his spokesperson told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

Shah Rukh was in New Delhi on Nov 1 to kick off the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon and cheer and egg on the runners. It seemed like he is still recovering from an arthroscopic surgery he underwent earlier this year for a nagging pain in his left shoulder.

The Bollywood superstar chose not to run at the marathon but caused quite a hysteria among the runners and watchers by just being present among them.

He said: "Though I could not run this time because of my shoulder and knee injury, I'll try to be fit and run next year. Running is a spiritual experience."

The past year also brought him disappointment when his cricket team KKR did not perform too well in the Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament.

Shah Rukh Khan was also in the spotlight when he suffered a two-hour detention at the Newark Airport in the US in August, reportedly over his surname.

Otherwise, 2009 gave the actor many reasons to cheer as he became Dr Shah Rukh Khan when he was presented an honorary doctorate in arts and culture by the Bedfordshire University in London.

He was also bestowed with two honours by the South Korean government - an honorary belt in taekwondo and the title of an honorary ambassador for culture and tourism.

Shah Rukh even purchased a 20 million pound apartment in London.

Now, after spending quality time with his wife Gauri and children Aryan and Suhana, Shah Rukh is looking forward to the release of his various films like "My Name Is Khan", "Happy New Year" and "Don 2".

Among these, his "My Name Is Khan" is the most awaited as it will mark his coming together with actress Kajol for the first time in eight years. The two starred in five films together, including "Baazigar", "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge", all of which were superhits. "My Name Is Khan" will release on Feb 12, 2010.

Hot Mallika Sherawat Videos From Murder Hot Scenes

Katrina Kaif
Bikini Images

Deepika Padukone Photos And Videos

Kareena Kapoor Bikini Pics From Tashan

Hot And Sizzingly Tanushree Dutta Exposing Photos

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Shah Rukh totally ready for a comeback"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...