Shilpa’s busy 'doing nothing'

In an honest but startling disclosure on the eve of her birthday, Shilpa Shetty has admitted that Bollywood is not happening for her - notwithstanding her gorgeous face and ravishing figure which continue to set men’s pulses racing around the world.

She’s all but disappeared from the big screen. Last year, the beauty’s only appearance was in a song with John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan in Dostana, and this year doesn’t seem to be any different.

“I have ventured into a lot of things like cricket, yoga DVDs, spas, but films will be my first love. However, the fact remains that I haven’t been offered any interesting roles. The kind of work that I would like to do now or fit into is hard to come by. And the choices that are in front of me aren’t tempting enough,” admits Shilpa matter-of-factly.
Added to her woes is the arrival of a new crop of actresses who ensure that the senior lot find fewer roles coming their way. “I have done everything from comedy and action to serious films, but for how long can one keep doing the same thing? There’s something called screen-age! As a producer I understand why others choose the new crop,” she admits.

But it’s always been that for the Bollywood hottie and candidly she continues, “I could take up Big Brother, which proved to be a turning point in my life, only because I wasn’t busy with any other project. That’s the reason I never question anything. But look, I have yet carved a niche for myself without films.”

So, at the moment, Shilpa’s busy “doing nothing” in London. She’s waiting for the recession to end before she dons the producer’s hat in Bollywood. “I needed a break after the IPL,” she says, denying that she’s licking her wounds after her team’s dismal loss in the Twenty20 tournament. “Everyone wants to win, anyone who says they don’t — is lying,” says the actress. “Next season, I’ll pray harder.”
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Shilpa’s busy 'doing nothing'"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...