In Heroes we don't bad mouth Pakistan: Preity Zinta


After almost a gap of one and half years Preity is back with a more mature outlook towards life. And that can be made out in her forthcoming films. Currently her three films are due for release, let's talk to her and know more about them.

Q-It's almost after one and half years that your three films are going to be released?
A-Yes, alongwith Heroes there are two more films that are going to be released. After Heroes which is releasing in Diwali it's going to be Deepa Mehta's "Heaven and Earth"and then Jaanu Barua's "Har Pal" will be released.

In all these films Heroes and Har Pal are completely commercial films but Heaven and Earth is a realistic film. Its based on household violence. In both the films Heroes and in Heaven and Earth I'm playing the role of a Punjabi girl.

The characters that I'm playing in both these films are different forms of women. It's chirpy and bubbly in one while serious and stronger in the other.

The character of Har Pal is something very different from what I have played till now. It reminded me of Kya Kehna.

Q-What is the specialty of these three films?
A-The specialty about these films would be that they will have a place in my personal film library. I'm really proud about these films as in them I have challenged the actor inside me.

Moreover in this era of only commercial films these films are a good combination of reality and commercial and I list them with Taare Zammen Par, Rang de Basanti, Wednesday and Munna Bhai.

And also the best part about Heroes is that in spite of being an army based film it has not bad mouthed Pakistan in any way.

Q-What would you like to say about Deepa Mehta?
A-What do I say about her, she is one of the finest directors in the world. I always thought about her as a director who could never go wrong. This was proved at Toronto after the screening of our film Heaven and Earth when the entire crowd there gave a standing ovation.

Q-In all the three films you are playing the role of a typical Indian girl, which of these is the real you?
A-Amongst the three, Kuljeet of Heroes is very close coz she is shown patriotic just, like me. But I feel just by saying any one of these characters resemble me would be unfair. More than my characters I trust these films.

Q-That means you are sure to win the national award this year?
A- (laughing) I don't know. I would want the viewers to be my award. I would like them to go and watch these films. And I would personally request every man and women to definitely watch Deepa Mehta's Heaven and Earth.

Q-Its heard that in Heroes al the heroines are sidelined, is it true?
A- Absolutely not, there is nothing like this. These are all personal views of the media. They have a habit of hyping the smallest of issues.

I would like to appreciate them as they have managed to hit the bull's eye once again. Just like Veer Zaara was Shah Rukh and Preity's film and in every poster the two of them were seen, in the same way in this film also the heroine plays a very strong character. but Heroes is actually as the name suggests a film basically on the heroes.

Q-After almost one and half year you were to be seen in "last Lear" and now in all your forthcoming films you are seem to be excited about doing all different characters. Why at this time?
A-what do you mean?

Q-I meant that were you offered such roles or you had decided that you want to do something different?
A-Yes, I had decided I wanted to do something different. because of this decision I also refused a lot of big banners which I don't want to mention now.

Whereas media had already started spreading the news that Preity is not getting any good offers and that she is planning to get married. The fact was that I had taken a one year time off from my directors for the IPL as I dint want to discuss things before they could work out.

In midst of all this I always thought in my heart that I wanted to do something different that would inspire me. Lot of my friends were annoyed and said that I was really crazy to do something like this.

Q-But why did you decide to do something like this?
A-Every single person asked me the same question at that time. And I answered all of them by saying that even if I fail in my expectations I would like to give myself a chance. No one would be held responsible for my failure.

Everytime when someone would come up to me with a offer I would instantly agree thinking that the film sounds great, the banner is big the money is good, It was as if someone is controlling me with a remote control. This was not what my heart wanted.

When I took an off for IPL I felt that these are some signals from God, coz the day I decided to do something different I got a call from Deepa Mehta asking me for Heaven and Earth.

Q-Haven't Deepa Mehta and Rituparna Ghosh offered you any roles before?
A-Of course they had offered me. Even when I was doing hard core commercial films I did get offers from big directors for such roles.

At that time I had told them that I want to be completely dedicated to what I'm doing, if im unable to give my hundred percent to the film then that would be a minus point for the film.

Q-Why did you do a cameo role in Mr. and Mrs. Khanna and Rab ne Bana di Jodi?
A-As far as Mr. and Mrs. Khanna is concerned the director of the film is a very close friend of mine and he always wanted me to work with him. But I was so obsessed with these three forthcoming films of mine that I refused him.

Now when he came up to me with this small role I couldn't refuse him. For Rab ne Bana di jodi I wouldn't like to comment on that film.
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "In Heroes we don't bad mouth Pakistan: Preity Zinta"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...