I was the original replacement for Aishwarya Rai: Deepika Padukone



Deepika Padukone wants nothing more than to do a sports -based film. And if it is about badminton then nothing like it.

"Look at what Chak De India did to hockey. I'd love to do a really good film on the game of badminton which is the family game."

In fact efforts are on to put a project like this together.

Deepika recently played bandminton with her dad Prakash Padukone recently. "We were playing together after a really long time.

I like to contribute as much as possible to sports. Yes, I'd support badminton more than any other sport. But I'd like to support Indian sports in every way possible.This was the first time that we played in front of the media."

While doing the intricate stunts and martial arts in Chandni Chowk To China Deepika Padukone got herself a chronically sprained ankle. "The stunts in Chandni Chowk To China were tough. Fortunately I got no broken bones. But I got a twisted ankle which will remain with me. My left ankle will remain sprained for all my life.

I sprained it once while rehearsing and then I sprained the same ankle at exactly the same place twice again. Luckily it's not a fracture. But I can't sit cross-legged or sit on my hunches…I can't do anything that requires me to put my weight on my left leg."

Being from an athletic family Deepika always wanted to do an action film. "Yes, I always wanted to do an action character. I'm glad I got an opportunity. Akshay Kumar was a fantastic co-star. The way he comes on the sets and goes through the scenes of the day and the way he improvises, is tremendous."

Deepika Padukone is doing the maximum endorsements. Last heard turned down the Nakshatra diamond deal after Aishwarya Rai's contract ended. They finally had to go to Katrina Kaif.

What is the truth behind this?

Says Deepika, "I don't know who else they went to. But they did come to me. And things didn't work out. I'm as selective about my endorsements as I am about my movies.

I'd definitely endorse brands that I believe in. I'd like to represent brands that suit my age. I'm endorsing the Signature brand for Levis, Kingfisher airlines, Tissot. I'm good at time management. That comes from being a sport person.

I started travellimg at a very young age. That taught me to be punctual. Sometimes one has to wait for things to happen on film sets. That's okay. There're so many things to be taken care of. So no, I don't get irritated by delays on film sets."

So what irritates Deeepika? "People who lack common sense and who lie. Otherwise I'm quite tolerant."

For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I was the original replacement for Aishwarya Rai: Deepika Padukone"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...