I can't please everyone all the time: Katrina Kaif


Katrina is done with playing the giddyheaded Miss from wonderland. In Prakash Jha's Rajneeti she'll go from young student to a married woman, and beyond.

"I didn't think I was ready to do something like this. But then I heard the script and I couldn't resist it. Maybe because Prakashji is such a good narrator, I fell in love with my character.

That took care of my misgivings about playing a woman who goes through experiences I can't connect with. I'm doing enough hardcore commercial films.

At this juncture of my career I can afford to do something that challenges me. As long as the script is entertaining I'm all for it. Rajneeti is a very entertaining script. As for my character she's a light-hearted character to begin with.

Later she grows serious and ambitious. If it works it can do a lot for my career."

Katrina is currently touring Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Delhi for the promotion of Singh Is Kinng.

She lets out that she just follows Akshay into a film when he's in it. "He has a fantastic script sense. And you know when he's doing it, it will work. Not that I go blindly into films that feature him. But yes, he does have a fantastic knowledge of what works at the boxoffice. That explains our success ratio together."

Interestingly in Vipul Shah's Namaste London Katrina had the main role while Akshay Kumar played the supporting part. Now the tables have been turned in Singh Is Kinng.

But Katrina wasn't allowed to complain. "Every time I'd start whining and complaining about the size of my role Akshay would order me to go stand in a corner and repeat Namaste London five times and be quiet. He's right. He needn't have done Namaste London which was the girl's story. Akshay does have a stronger role in Singh Is Kinng."

So does Katrina have songs and two dances in Singh Is Kinng?

"Er….no that would be seven songs, and the movie will be too long. I like my character. I play a vivacious and spontaneous character with a hot temper. When it comes to losing her cool the girl is quite like me. I get mad really quickly and two minutes later I'm fine"

Katrina has super-busy days ahead. "Me and Akshay are promoting the film together in Mumbai and Delhi. The rest I'm doing on my own with Vipul Shah and Anees Bazmi. It's deja vu. Because the first time I ever promoted a film was again with Akshay for Namaste London.

Katrina has a cornocupia of releases lined up. "Is that a bad thing ? A lot of my films have run into one another, films that I had committed to way in advance. These are things I can't control. And I really want to do these films . Or I wouldn't be doing them in the first place."

However Katrina won't be taken for granted by people around her. "You've to stand your ground. I can't please everyone all the time. I've realized that."
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I can't please everyone all the time: Katrina Kaif"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...