Revealed: Why Aamir dislikes Ramu


Ram Gopal Varma and Aamir Khan had worked together only in Rangeela (1995) which was a super duper success at the box office but despite that they never worked with each other.

There was a verbal war of words that had ensued between the two just a few months after its release following which they were considered arch enemies in the industry till date.

But almost 13 years later, Ram Gopal Varma has come out with the disclosure of what actually happened and how senior journalist cum film critic turned filmmaker, Khalid Mohammed is responsible for it all.

Ramu in his personal blog has stated, "The famous controversy between me and Aamir happened 6 to 7 months after Rangeela released.

Khalid Mohammed (he was then the editor of FILMFARE magazine) was doing an interview with me in which I was giving an explanation that the audience can rarely understand the difference between a character and an actor. I cited the scene in Rangeela when Aamir takes Urmila to restaurant.

Now the waiter being a Five Star Hotel steward is higher in social status than Munna but being a waiter he has no choice but to serve him. But on a human being level he can barely hide his disgust hearing Munna's lines.

So I told Khalid that the lines are being delivered by Aamir but the look on the waiter's face is what is making the audience laugh. So it calls for more complex acting on the waiter's part compared to Aamir in that particular scene.

Khalid who apparently had a personal axe to grind with Aamir went ahead and printed this article which read like as if I said "The waiter was better than Aamir".

By the time the article came out I was off on a Telugu film shoot in interior Andhra Pradesh.

Aamir tried to contact me and those days there were no cell phones. The fact that I was not getting in touch with him and him not knowing where I was, he thought I was avoiding him and as the media was hounding him to react he went ahead and reacted and the media blew up the thing into a full scale war.

The moment I realized what happened I met Aamir and explained it to him. He wanted me to give a statement in print against Khalid that I was misquoted to which I said I can't because all those things I did say, it's just that it's too technical for a layman at that time to understand and I should not have spoken to a man like Khalid about that and that was a mistake.

Some cold vibes still remained with good reason till years later we met at a party and had a long chat and since then we are cordial. So whatever happened between me and Aamir was completely 100% my fault and I am saying this now here because I was not trusting any journalist to put it across in the correct perspective."

But now if you fans of Ramu Aamir - Rangeela have started jumping with joy that the two shall get back together to create yet another memorable film you are in for a disappointment as Ramu further writes, "Before some minds out there jump to this conclusion that this is an effort on my part to patch up with him in order to do a film with him I want to categorically state here that I will never ever do a film with him and the reasons for that are:

(a). I am not as sincere or as committed as him.
(b). I don't have his patience.
(c). Above all I truly think he is a far better filmmaker than me."
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Revealed: Why Aamir dislikes Ramu"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...