Hollywood knows only Aishwarya


Bollywood's dusky beauty Bipasha Basu has carved a niche for herself in Hindi cinema and says she has no intentions of going to Hollywood because filmmakers there are familiar with only one Indian actor - Aishwarya Rai.

"No filmmakers of Hollywood are willing to sign any Bollywood actor without a screen test apart from Aishwarya. They seem to know no Hindi film actors, not even Amitabh Bachchan, " Bipasha told.

"I got a chance to go there, but I found out that I will have start again from scratch like screen tests and other tantrums. They treat you like a newcomer. So I decided to stay in Mumbai and be the 'queen' here, " said the actress who was in town to promote "Bachna Ae Haseeno".

Talking about the film with newcomer Ranbir Kapoor, Bipasha said she signed on because she hadn't done a romantic movie for quite some time.

"I haven't done an out-an-out romantic film for a long time so when I heard the script of this film, I found it a little fresh.

"I play Radhika, who comes all the way from Ranchi to Mumbai to become an actor. But she ends up being a member of (choreographer) Shiamak Davar's dance troupe."

Bipasha doesn't seem to mind sharing screen space with two other actresses - Minissha Lamba and Deepika Padukone in the film.

"I am okay with even a 10-minute role provided I get an apt character and my share of attention on screen. Anyway, if you are a Bollywood heroine, you have very limited choice. I was intelligent enough to realise it long back and hence am picking up roles that look good on-screen, " she said.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Hollywood knows only Aishwarya"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...