Love Story sabotage, Daddy's shattered


By now the verdict at least in the reviews, is clear. Harry Baweja's ode to the future and to his unmistakably-gifted denbutant son has been savaged by critics.

"I can't understand the viciousness with which my film has been received," harassed Harry says two days after the release.

"I don't know why the negative backlash. Of course people are entitled to an opinion. Whether they find the film cool or not is up to audience. But I've succeeded in at least one-half of my motive for making Love Story 2050.

I didn't only want to make film that audiences will like, I also made it to launch my son. And everyone loves Harman. So at least I've succeeded there."

Harry feels there are factors working against the film. "I've never seen anything like this happen before in all my years as a producer-director. I've made unsuccessful films. But never one that has been so severely savaged.

If my film is so bad why did it get such a spectacular opening? Over the weekend we got Houseful in most places.

There's a wrong perception being created about my film. Why pick on me like this? I shattered right now. I can't think straight."

As far as the films inordinate length goes, Harry and his son Harman have taken a decision to reduce the film's length.

"Yes I agree with that. We've already taken care of that. We realized people were getting restless in the second-half. So we've cut about ten minutes of the film in Mumbai from Friday evening.

By Saturday morning we had made the cuts all over the country. The film has been released in 720 theatres. You can't handpick 20 theatres to prove your point. But I haven't lost the battle yet."
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Love Story sabotage, Daddy's shattered"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...