Aamir Khan's desire surprised me


During an interview to television channel recently, Aamir Khan had admitted to enjoying only one film in last few years and it was Anees Bazmee directed No Entry. He had even further said that its unfortunate that no one nowadays offers him such a whacky film.

We found out that just weeks after that interview, also having seen Welcome, the selective Aamir Khan himself approached writer - director Anees Bazmee for role in his film. He expressed his wish to star in comic caper written and directed by him.

An excited Bazmee states, "I was pleasantly surprised and at the same time thrilled when Aamir called expressing his desire to act in a film by me. I had a subject in mind for Aamir.

I then narrated him that story and he even liked it. But, it was a very serious subject. Aamir in turn wanted to to a comedy film with me. So that particular project didn't work out!"

Bazmee further adds, "Aamir is known to work only with complete bound scripts and I am known to never work with one! He actually rightfully asked me to give him a bound script and I am one director who does not believe in bound script.

I have an habit of making last minute improvisations in the script on the sets at times as I am never really satisfied with what I have written before.

If fresh ideas come to my mind then I implement them on the sets itself. So I never really end up bothering to write down a complete bound script." with new ideas.

So I never got down to writing a script. I get frightened sitting alone amidst a lot of white papers while writing a script! But direction is more enjoyable as one is surrounded by various people from varied background. Perhaps thats the reason I have still not been able to write that one bound script for Aamir till now."
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Aamir Khan's desire surprised me"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...