Shilpa has to prove herself!



If Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan and Karan Johar can do it, why not Shilpa Shetty?

Indeed, but the Bollywood hottie who’s the latest to join the net savvy brigade dislikes the word ‘blog’... instead, she’s making changes to her official website and calling it ‘Shilpa’s Channel’. It launches today. “I wanted a channel to vent my anger against what’s happened to my city,” said the actress. “In fact, I should have started this when the Richard Gere controversy erupted and people burned effigies of me, then I could have also expressed my opinion.”

Besides clearing controversies, what prompted Shilpa to revamp her website was the necessity to make herself available to fans and also the world media which was trying to reach her after 26/11. “I was woken up by a call from a London news channel asking me about the attack. That’s when I switched on the TV and watched all the horror unfold,” said the actress. She had a providential escape as well because she was to dine at Wasabi in Taj the night before. “I’m a regular there and have chopsticks engraved with my name. I cancelled because I had a shoot early next morning. I shudder to think what might have happened,” said Shilpa.

Post 26/11, she had a tough time convincing UK businessman boyfriend Raj Kundra that she was safe in Mumbai. “He’s a British-born Indian and for him the situation couldn’t get worse than this. But I love Mumbai and I couldn’t think of leaving the city and Raj knows it,” revealed Shilpa. Far from running away, she wants to stay and make change. “It’s shameful to say I’ve never voted before, but now I’m ready to cast my vote. The procedure of getting a voter’s card should be changed. Imagine, they asked me to prove that I was Shilpa Shetty!”
For Gossips And Mirch Masala Log On To Bollywood Paradize
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Shilpa has to prove herself!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...